Aquatic Center Capacity = 404
Adult Supervision of Children Ages 11 & Under
All children 11 years of age or younger must be accompanies to the Sapulpa Aquatics Center by a parent or guardian who is at least 16 years of age or older. The parent/guardian must be in the water directly and actively supervising their youngster(s). Children 11 and under who are left unattended in the Aquatic Center may be asked to leave the water/swimming area until a parent/guardian is contacted/located.
Children Ages 7 & Under -OR- Under 48" Tall
Children under the age of 7 OR under 48" tall will be required to wear a lifejacket and cannot be in the deep end without. Children who can swim one length of the pool as a swimming proficiency test will not be required to wear a lifejacket and will be given a wristband so that lifeguards can identify those children who have proven their ability to swim.
The Aquatic Center has US Coast Guard (USCG) approved lifejackets available free-of-charge to children on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. Guests can bring their own USCG-approved lifejackets.
Patrons must be above 48" tall to utilize the flume slides per manufacture regulations, independent from child's ability to pass swimming proficiency test.
At the first sign of thunder and/or lightning, Aquatic Center staff immediately evacuate and close the pool. The pool remains closed until a minimum of 30 minutes from the last sighting of lightning or sound of thunder.
The City of Sapulpa Aquatic Center makes every effort to keep the Aquatic Center open for the duration of the day after a storm clears. Rain checks and/or cash refunds are not issued due to inclement weather.
General Pool Rules
- Patrons shall not engage in any unnecessary conversations with lifeguards while the lifeguard is on duty.
- One person at a time on ladders and slides.
- Swimsuits must be lined. Cut-off shorts, athletic shorts, biking tights, leotards, and thongs are prohibited.
- Lounge chairs must stay away from water's edge
- Swim diapers required for non-toilet-trained individuals
- All swimmers must shower with soap and rinse thoroughly prior to entering pool
- Food and drinks must remain away from water's edge
- Per ADA Title II and III, service dogs individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability are always welcome at the Aquatic Center but are not allowed in the pool.
Prohibited at Sapulpa Aquatic Center
- Cut-off shorts, athletic shorts, biking tights, leotards, and thongs
- Boisterousness, profanity, or showing disrespect to staff or other swimmers
- Pushing, dunking, horseplay, and rough play
- Hanging or climbing on ladders, slides, railings, gutters, or lane markers
- Casts, open wounds, rashes, infectious diseases
- Outside food and drinks
- Pets, including comfort, emotional-support, or therapy animals, and companion/assistance pets.
Lake Sahoma & Pretty Water
Proof of city permit required for fishing, boating, camping, and hunting.
Reward for information leading to prosecution and conviction of vandals. Call Sapulpa Police.
Sahoma Bait & Concession Store 918-227-1534
Sapulpa Parks Administration 918-227-5151
Sapulpa Police Department 918-224-3882
Creek County Sheriff's Office 918-224-4964
Fish & Game Warden 918-625-6801
Lake / Campground Rules
- Speed limit 15 MPH
- Supervise children at all times
- Drive only on designated roads
- Day use only at Pretty Water Lake
- Camp only in designated areas at Lake Sahoma.
- Build fires only in existing fire rings
- Keep dogs on leash and remove all defecation. No pets on or inside Indoor Fishing Dock.
- Pretty Water limited to boats without attached gasoline motors.
- Boats on Sahoma limited to maximum 12 horsepower
- Speed limit 12 mph in main body of Lake Sahoma and 4 mph in west end of lake and in coves/fingers.
- State fishing license and city fishing permit required
- 2 Pole limit per person (In addition to 1 pole limit inside Indoor Fishing Dock)
- 5 Trout / Catfish limit: Catch & Keep (No Culling)
- No Panfish limit
- Catch & Release fish must be unharmed and released immediately
- Rod and Reel only
Prohibited at Sapulpa Lakes
- Unsupervised children
- Swimming/Wading (Lakes are city water supply)
- Fish Culling
- In-use, unattended Fishing Poles
- Trotlines, juglines, throwlines, limblines, yo-yos, seines, throw nets, and attaching lines to poles/docks
- Smoking Indoors (including Indoor Fishing Dock)
- Firearms (unless engaged in hunting with proper permit)
- Glass Containers
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Littering and dumping
- Vandalism and destruction (Penalty for vandalism and destruction of city property Violations SEC. 1-108 up to $500 fine, restitution cost, and/or jail)
- Boats with attached gasoline motors prohibited only on Pretty Water Lake
This list of rules and regulations is not exhaustive. For a complete list of City Ordinances for Sapulpa Parks, Recreation, and Cemetery, visit http://www.cityofsapulpa.net.^ Back to Top
Wiggly Field Dog Park
- Any owner bringing a dog into the Sapulpa Dog Park shall be responsible for complying with these rules, and other rules, regulations, ordinances, or City of Sapulpa Code for protecting the health, welfare and safety of park users, and their animals whether posted or not.
- "Owner" or "Handler" means any person, firm, or corporation in possession and control of or custody of a dog.
- Everyone entering the Sapulpa Dog Park does so at their own risk.
- No owner or dog shall enter or remain within the Dog Park area between 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.
- For safety reasons, children must be at least 12 years old and supervised by an adult to use the dog park. Children must behave in a responsible manner: no running, chasing dogs, or petting dogs without the owner's permission.
- No person under 16 years of age shall be permitted to bring a dog into the off-leash Dog Park area.
- A dog outside the Dog Park area shall be under the immediate physical control of its owner by means of a least not exceeding 6 feet in length. Dogs must be kept on a lease until the owner/custodian and dog(s) are in the Large or Small Dog Park area, and the entrance gates are fully closed after entry.
- Dog behavior can be unpredictable around other dogs and strangers. For the safety of all the dogs at the Dog Park, the owner must immediately least their dog if it exhibits aggressive behavior and leave the Dog Parka area. Protect yourself and your dog. If aggressive behavior is observed, take immediate action: either move your dog to another part of the Dog Park, or leave the Dog Park.
- No dog weighing more than 25 pounds shall be permitted within the area designated for Small Dogs. Owners allowing their small dogs to enter the designated Large Dog area do so at their own risk and assume responsibility for whatever damage or injury may result.
- An owner bringing a dog into an off-leash area is liable for and assumes the risk for the dog's conduct.
- Any dog left unattended within the Dog Park area shall be deemed "at-large" in violation of the City of Sapulpa Animal Code.
- No vicious dogs shall be permitted within the Dog Park areas, as defined by the City of Sapulpa Code, Section 4, Animal Regulations.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed at any time. An aggressive dog is defined as a dog(s) posing a threat to human beings or other dogs. Owners (handlers) are legally responsible for their dog(s) and any injury cause by them.
- No dog which is injured or diseased shall be permitted within the Dog Park area.
- An owner of a dog creating a disturbance or not being properly controlled can be evicted from the Dog Park area. Upon leaving the Dog Park area, an evicted owner shall also remove his or her dog.
- Only two dogs per person (owner/handler) are allowed.
- Dog owner/s handlers must keep their dog(s) in view at all times.
- All dog handlers must have a leash in hand at all times.
- No female dogs in heat are allowed.
- Only dogs 6 months and older are allowed in the Dog Park.
- No dog which has not been spayed or neutered shall be permitted within the Dog Park.
- Dogs must be legal licensed, vaccinated, and wearing both rabies and current City of Sapulpa tags affixed or attached to the dog's collar or harness.
- Any owner/handler unable to produce current licenses or dog tags, a rebuttable presumption is created that the dog has not been vaccinated, spayed or neutered.
- Any bite of a person or other dog must be immediately reported to Sapulpa Police and parties involved must wait for an officer to respond, except in the case where immediate medical care is needed.
- No person having be convicted of allowing a dog to bite, chase, or attack any person or animal without provocation shall be permitted to bring a dog into the Dog Park area.
- Dog owners/handlers must immediately pick up and dispose of all dog excreta, placing it in proper plastic baggie, and then dispose of it in the trace receptacle provided.
- Dogs must not be allowed to bark incessantly so as to annoy or disturb participants of the Dog Park or the inhabitants of the neighborhood community.
- No food, treats, alcoholic beverages (soft drinks and water are allowed), squeaky toys, or children's toys are allowed in the Dog Parka. This is a recreation park for dogs accompanied by their owners.
- Smoking shall be prohibited within the Dog Park area.
- No professional dog trainer/behaviorist shall conduct any training or business activity within an off-leash park area.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, roller-skates, skateboards, and strollers are prohibited. This is a recreation park for dogs accompanied by their owners. (Wheelchairs are allowed.)
- No digging. Stop your dog from digging. Fill in any holes your dog may dig or make appropriate repairs to disturbed areas.
- Playing catch (i.e. football, baseball, etc.) between people/or using remote controlled toys, which can cause harm to the dogs in the park, is not allowed.
- Choke, prong, pinch, and spike collars must be removed inside park area.
^ Back to Top